This function allows you to assign points to specific answers given by respondents. During the design of the survey, the researcher can specify any score for each question (the supported question formats are listed at the bottom of this page). This possibility is useful when you want to create the test (eg evaluation, psychological or verifying the respondent’s knowledge) or survey used eg in recruitment or in a competition.
How do you assign points to questions?
1. To assign points to specific answers, select the Test type when adding a survey.
2. First, select the Projects tab, then Test and mark your project.
3. To edit the questions we have to go in turn to the section Create.
4. Select the previously created item by hovering over the text of the specific question. This will bring up a form field in the upper right corner with available options. To assign a specific number of points to answers to this question, click Points.
5. Give each of the answers the appropriate number of points, and then confirm the changes by clicking Save.
6. If there are several answers to choose from, and only a part of them is correct, it is enough that we assign negative scores to the incorrect answers – add the „-” sign to the count. This will result in deduction of points in case the respondent marked all possible answers.
7. To cancel all adding points process, select X button.
8. To delete the previously created score for a given question, follow steps 1 – 3, then click Remove points form the question.
Points in the question about the number and in the question with the distribution of points
1. In the case of the two above types of questions, where the respondent always has to answer numerically, the points are converted into weights (multipliers). The final result of the test or areas will count the product of the value entered by the respondent and the weight given. For example, if the question answers 20 and the weight of this answer is set to 0.5, then 20 × 0,5 so in total 10 points will be included in the final result.
2. The situation is similar with the question about the allocation of points, only in this case we can define weights for each of the answers and the total score is calculated by the sum of the results of multiplying the values entered by the respondent with the weights given by us. For example, if in the question where 100 points were to be allocated and the respondent would assign 80 to answers A and 20 to answers B, and we defined the weight of 0.2 for A, and 0.8 for B, the final result for the test will be 80 × 0,2 + 20 × 0.8 = 16 + 16 = 32 points.
Worth to remember:
You can add negative points if, for example, you want to subtract the respondent from points for giving an incorrect answer.
You can decide whether after the completion of the survey you want to show to respondent the result they obtained (See how), and configure the interpretation of the results to give the respondent a short text description of the result they obtained.
Scoring in a given question must be defined for each answer, otherwise it will not be possible to assign points.
You can assign points to questions before starting the collection of results, as well as at any time during and after the survey.
Points can be defined only this types of questions:
– single choice,
– multiple choice,
– a drop-down list,
– matrix single-choice,
– matrix multiple-choice,
– number (defining with the weight),
– with the allocation of points (defined by means of the weight).